Man Wins Iowa Lottery Then Withdraws The Win

Karlo

Man Wins Iowa Lottery Then Withdraws The Win

Post by Karlo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:25 pm

This lottery news is very interesting.......Iowa man wins the lottery then withdraws his win. Let me explain what happened here. The lottery winner in question Eddie Tipton from Iowa won the Iowa Hot Lotto but did not want to claim his winnings in person, instead sent a lawyer which was really not a lawyer just a fake to claim the winning on behalf of Mr Tipton. This lead into an investigation which turned up the real story that the lottery winner was actually a lottery official. Tipton's job as an lottery official was to ensure the lottery was not breached and that no one cheated on the lotto game. Tipton was accused and found guilty of inserting a stealth program into the lottery computer that randomly picked the numbers, then deleted it so it could not be detected. This stealth program insured that the lottery numbers played by Eddie would come up in his favor.

Tipton was prohibited from playing the lottery in Iowa as he was an official. He was fired after his January arrest and further investigations continue.....Eddie is now suspected in rigging more lottery winnings for other people. Update: Eddie has been changed and sentenced for fraud, he has been sentenced to 10 years in prison. It is said that his 10 year prison term if given time for good behavior will likely end up being an 18 month prison term.

This person was in charged of lottery security, he broke the law in a big way, 18 months is nothing but a slap on the wrist. I would of liked to see a full 10 year prison tern along with a substantial fine, this way it sends a solid message to others who may think about lottery fraud.

What sentence to do believe would be just for such a crime?.....think about how much time and money you put into trying to win the lottery.

gennady2011

Re: Man Wins Iowa Lottery Then Withdraws The Win

Post by gennady2011 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:26 am

Very interesting this lottery news. My concern would be if this cheating is on going in other states as well. I would suspect the authorities would have thought this also and would be investigating it. For such a crime, I would like to see the maximum penalty applied, this person is in a position of trust and should be dealt with accordingly.

Warren J

Post by Warren J » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:47 am

Should get the full extent the law will allow....a slap on the wrist will just show other criminals it may be worth doing.

Austin74

Post by Austin74 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:51 am

He should be glad he is not living in Texas and tried this BullCrap the little turd would be locked up for good!!!!!!!!!

He is getting off way to lenient...a slap on the wrist will not discourage others to do the same criminal activity.