If Won Powerball Do You Take Lump Sum Or Annuitized?

Bradley V

If Won Powerball Do You Take Lump Sum Or Annuitized?

Post by Bradley V » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:25 pm

I think this would be an interesting topic to hear your views on which method of payout would you take, if you won the Powerball Jackpot!

Lets break this down first:

The jackpot is won by matching all five white balls and the red Powerball. Now you must decide whether to accept a lump sum cash payout (they tell you what that would be) or to accept 30 payments counting the first immediate payment...over 29 years.

I am 33 years old and have a good job, but waiting for the full 29 years to be paid I would be 62 years old. I would not know if I will even make it to 62, or what my health would be at that time. I think for myself I would take the lump sum payout and start living a better life right from the get go.

I really wonder how many would choose the payout yearly over 29 years? I would have to guess at very few.

coolcouple

Re: If Won Powerball Do You Take Lump Sum Or Annuitized?

Post by coolcouple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:11 am

Oh Yes For Sure, I would take the lump sum pay out if won Powerball, or any lottery. Life is short, if won gotta get thing happening when were still young or at least younger. Man just thinking about winning all that money makes me crazy, really want to do many thing, but not possible if no funds, boo hoo!