Lottery News Report Says Lottery Preying On The Poor

sasha327

Lottery News Report Says Lottery Preying On The Poor

Post by sasha327 » Mon May 08, 2017 4:52 am

I just had to share this lottery news report stating the lottery preys on the poor and see what you think about it.
I could believe it, I watched a program/special report on the big lottery foundations being accused of preying on the poor or low income population.

They said these are the groups of people that play the lottery the most...spend the most money trying to win it big, which is very hard to do as we all know and they do not need to be little us, we are adults and can make our own decisions just as well as anybody else.

I think this report was absolutely offensive suggesting us poorer people have no brains in our heads and cannot think for ourselves. Of course more low income people play the lottery more than higher income families, the higher income people are well off, poor people are not, just common sense. We try to do what we can to get ahead and playing the lottery is one of those things, just like playing bingo (oh why stop there lets attack the church now as they have bingo) I don't know who put out this stupid report by they should think before stating stupidity like this.

I guess us poor people should just sit in the corner with our face to the wall and just hope by some magical way we come into some money....darn it this really ticked me off,I just had to vent it...now I feel a little better.

franklin9273

Re: Lottery News Report Says Lottery Preying On The Poor

Post by franklin9273 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Oh Wow! What will these fools tell people next. We are adults, we play the lottery for a few different reasons and it is an insult to even state such nonsense.

1- Entertainment value
2- Possible chance to win it big and have a drastic change in our lifestyle
3- Where else can you have a chance to win millions for a cost of a $2 lottery tickets

Hey as you stated even the churches have bingo that is gambling, but once again, it is up to the adults to decide not some silly report. I for one will always pick up a few lottery tickets especially for Powerball (have you seen how high those jackpots are getting to) I think you would have to be a complete fool not to at least buy one lottery tickets, but just my honest opinion...

franklin9273

Post by franklin9273 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Hey you know if playing the lottery is preying on the poor what do they say about NHL Hockey? We watch our teams play until the finals and the eventual winner of the Stanley Cup....so I guess the NHL is also preying on the poor, have you seen the rates they charge to go to a game? Never mind to the finals. No they are more concerned only about the lottery, both are entertainment sources, but at least with the lottery you can possible come out very wealthy. There must be something behind all this, there is no reason they should attack the lottery foundations....hey those foundations give a lot of money to charities as well, so it's good thing thing in my books!

Jimmy K

Post by Jimmy K » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:14 pm

Ridiculous! If I want to play the "lottery" than I will play the lottery and no foolish news report will change that!

wes947H

Post by wes947H » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Oh I know...it seems that people like bad news, they hope that there may be some issue or problem or conflict, which really just goes to show you how idiotic some people really are. For starters, anyone can play the lottery, poor or rich, only the rich may play less often, as well....they are "rich". So whoever writes these stupid reports have only one group to attack, the poor as they tend to play the lottery much more. The lottery cannot pick a group to play, the group picks or chooses to play the lottery. Playing the lottery is totally legal, anyone of proper age can play and there chances are just as good as the next player to possibly win and walk away with millions.

passion45

Post by passion45 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:58 pm

The report is very insulting to us people who play the lottery ... do these fools not understand it is a possible way to win money, but also a form of entertainment many people love to partake in.

Marc37

Post by Marc37 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:00 pm

I also agree the report is very insulting to say the least - it looks to me that the news report is the one to avoid as it is trying to capture views which makes them money.